7.14.2010

beachy weekend

I hate being so busy and stressed out. I have no time to breathe as usual.
So tonight, as I sat on my bed
and inhaled the yummy blueberry muffin scented candle burning,
I did things that will make me feel better.
I caught up on emails to dear friends
and began setting up some dinner dates.
I wrote some cards to loved ones.
I organized all my random stuff and tidied up.
I made dinner reservations for our college girls vacation next week
(and thoroughly enjoyed checking out the menus!).
And I uploaded my miscellaneous pictures from the weekend.

After a crazy week back at the office,
Friday night I headed to the beach
with some boys.

It was gorgeous
and just what I needed.
The ocean has that way,
of refreshing your soul
and letting things go,
letting stresses slip away
and bring you into the moment.



I love the smells.

Saturday morning the same boys and I
went into Harvard Square
for some errands.

I indulged in a cheesy breakfast sandwich
and the beauty of Cambridge.

Saturday night was fun shenanigans and on Sunday,
we returned to the beach.
I read and climbed rocks and
I admit;
I even enjoyed the freezing cold ocean water.

Two beach visits
in one weekend;
not too shabby.

Oh and of course,
with my mind ready to explode,
Friday afternoon treated me and an office girlfriend
to cupcakes at Sweet on Newbury.

I must say, the Pina Colada cupcake
did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment