1.26.2010

I've been MIA

I’m still in recovery mode. I swear. I’m not lying. I’ve had an intense 7 days:


-I took a ski lesson up north in New Hampshire. I’m so glad I did. I feel into lust with skiing and the slopes. Not that I spent a lot of time on the slopes, but still. I dominated the bunny hills and I’m proud to say that I got the feeling down by the end of my lesson. Despite some spills, I’m eager to get outside and practice more. I can just picture myself…with some cute snow apparel…

- Then it was off to NYC for work purposes…and I was “on” for 72 hours. I wanted to do well, I wanted to succeed and show my boss that I was more than competent. I wanted to be proud of myself. And I am. The whole conference went smoothly, went well, and mentally exhausted me. But despite my self-inflicted pressure, I had a blast. The more I do it, the more I feel comfortable and fall in love with event planning. And with NYC. I worked my booty off, and yet still had so much fun. Grabbing drinks at the W Hotel with 2 girlfriends, having dinner and open bar at the Harvard Club and staying in a gasp-inducing hotel room doesn’t hurt either.

- And then Friday late afternoon, I left Times Square for the Upper East Side and crashed at my friend’s apartment for the weekend. I scoped out the townhouse from the ‘Breakfast at Tiffanys’ film, had dinner in Little Italy and walked around the NYC streets and it was fantastic. ….and while it was tons of fun per usual with my visits, I still feel physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. I had so much adrenalin raging through my body for weeks up until the event, with the new job, that I’m still working to come down. And yet, I’m having difficulty. How do you get out of a funk, a funk you can’t even describe, but one where you feel anxious, stressed, and overwhelmed. And still exhausted. And when I feel like this, everything seems worse. I feel gross, fat and yet, have no time or energy to work out…which could help. Today I shoved in a half hour at the gym, and felt a bit better. I want to stick to my New Years resolution. I must. I will.

Last night gave me some relief as well. Maybe all I needed was a few simple, easy requests to be fulfilled; some yummy food (Indian cuisine!), some laughs and happy tears (‘Modern Family’ and ‘The Office’…and Jim & Pam’s love story), and to be embraced. To be touched. I breathed a bit better last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment