5.25.2010

gross lists

Factors that have been causing me to feel lots of stress, way too much stress and have prevented me from writing in the past 2 weeks:
- new work projects daily and so much to tackle that i’ve been working my ass off; got rewarded with a promotion and thus work to-do list has continued to increase rapidly, rapidly increasing stress
- realization that i have to move out of my apartment by may 31…nope, by may 26 since (thank goodness!) i’ll be headed to maine for a much needed relaxing memorial day weekend
- trying to game plan ways to move all of my ridiculous amounts of clothing, accessories, food, books, furniture and more out of this apt. that i have lived in for the past year and a half
- trying to find a place to store an incredibly heavy pull-out couch for the summer, as i move into a new place to sublet for a couple months until my future roommate’s lease runs out and we can move into a nice girly apartment in august or september
- realizing i’m moving into a house where my new roommates will be 3 boys. i have a feeling my cleanliness and orderly desires will have to be tossed out the window
- complete lack of healthy food and exercise, resulting in panic has bathing suit season is approaching quickly
- complete lack of sleep
- zero time to enjoy my books and magazines
- zero time to enjoy much of anything
- homesickness
- exhaustion; physical, mental, emotional

So over the past 2 weeks I have been (in addition to majorly stressing and not sleeping):
- working a lot
- throwing all belongings into bags and boxes and moving them into my new room thanks to my strong boy and this mother’s huge SUV
- eating junk food and feeling gross
- planning to exercise and not really doing much of it at all due to collapsing onto couch by 8 pm
- a beautiful dinner party at my boss’s home where the boy met my coworkers and i actually had a really nice evening (there have been some good spots in the stressful mix!)
- a bittersweet goodbye dinner and margaritas with the current roommate where we reminisced and i felt sad over my home and roommate for the past year and a half and we laughed at our adventures and mistakes and lessons learned as we dug into chips, salsa, and guac and sipped from large margaritas last Friday night in harvard square, a location that i’ve fallen in love with over the past year and a half
- caught up on my tv and became obsessed once again with Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl and yet feel relived that all my season finales are done (even LOST…tear) and that i can make plans and enjoy the summer without thinking of what television programs i may be missing out on

But I see the light at the end of this stress tunnel…I’m 2/3 of the way moved out of my old apartment and making a big effort to eat pure and healthily. I’m on the verge of maybe even getting a grip on the majority of my work projects and I have a long weekend ahead of me, in Maine.
I’m staying productive and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment