6.21.2010

An Australian brunch in NYC


On our way to brunch Saturday morning,
we passed by this eclectic little park,
with recyclables decorated the fence and inside people were doing yoga
and little children ran barefoot as their parents lounged around.
We definitely weren’t in the upper east side anymore.
Our destination: The Sunburnt Cow, on Avenue C, a hidden gem.
Unassuming on the outside, pure chaos on the inside,
as World Cups games were shown on projectors
and Australian waiters and bartenders filled up your drinks continuously.
But we walked through the dark bar and came out into a sort of cave,
with natural lighting and ceiling fans,
making it a fantastically relaxed and comfortable sitting area for brunch.
And of course, endless drinks.


My most delicious meal; the ‘Queen Adelaide,’
an eggs benedict with salmon and avocado
and the most amazing hollandaise I’ve ever had.
Even the french fries were perfection.

Endless mimosas and bloody marys!

The rest of the hot summer day was spenting walking around
and shopping in Union Square
and venturing back up north to the UES
where we lounged about
before a crazy, fun night out in NYC.

It was an amazing weekend;
catching up with my girlfriends and seeing wonderful people
who I haven’t seen in awhile.
A group of us have known each other
since we lived on the same floor freshman year of college
and reuniting was just lovely.

In the process though, my voice disappeared
and I sound creepy/manly/sick.
I feel overall a lot better than I did Sunday night,
but I have assigned this week to take care of myself and feel fabulous for the weekend
and for my trip home next week.
It really is amazing what an extra hour of sleep in the morning
and lots of healthy meals can do so quickly.
Bring on the fresh fruit and salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment