7.04.2010

Home

I had planned on posting while I was home but time got away from me and I chose eating and lounging with my family instead of sitting at my computer. And I felt like I had to check work emails while away so the little time I did spend online wasn’t fun stuff.

The boy & I served up lobster the night we arrived amid my mother and sister’s shrieks. We spent some time with my grandparents and the boy rode my sister’s horse before we headed into downtown Syracuse. We joined the bikers and leather jacket wearing crowd at Dinosaur Barbeque where my Carolina pulled pork sandwich was delicious, as was my crab & avocado soup and tomato & cucumber salad (I tried to be a little healthy among all the fatty & tasty meats!) Strawberry shortcake has been consumed more than once while being home and I’m already craving more.

I drove a car (it’s been months) and got my Wegmans fix as I stocked up on my favorite salad dressings, bulk candy and necessities that can only be found at home. I loaded up at Target with some new bikinis and sun dresses and enjoyed the ease of throwing my purchases in the car as I drove from store to store. Oh, it is great to be out of the city sometimes.

And today, I sat out on our screened-in porch, with a beautiful ceiling fan on full blast and I enjoyed. I painted my nails, I caught up on the wonderful blogs I like to read, I organized my life a bit (which always makes me feel great). And tomorrow I head back to Boston, already the mixed emotions swirling about.

But for tonight, I’ll be enjoying this porch and ceiling fan and my favorite dinner made by my father (tons of veggies-tomatoes, onions galore, asparagus, garlic- and olive oil over whole wheat pasta) and ice cream and my family and the quiet and contentment of home.


My home






My fat cat Henry lounging in the shade of the landscaping

No comments:

Post a Comment