8.12.2010

Fry, fry away my stress




After some exciting news last Friday at work,
I am moving on up the career ladder.
A promotion at the office has left me proud and hopeful of my future,
but exhausted as I began the training process
with our awesome new assistant hire.
Long, intense hours have led to a very tired me
with a hoarse voice and barely any energy.
I managed to make it to the gym two evenings so far
but as I ate late dinners with the boy,
my hopes of writing and reading
were replaced with TV and complete zoning out.

But I gathered up some energy
after a particularly tasty summer meal tonight;
the boy and I made some
homemade semi-healthy fried chicken
with panko breadcrumbs
and a unique pasta salad with some parsley, capers and yes,
even some anchovies.
(Recipe from Glamour magazine)
Not my favorite take on a pasta collaboration,
but the fried chicken was crunchy, salty goodness.

I think it’s back to the gym tomorrow.

But totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment