11.14.2010

Fun days ahead


A huge wave of relief has taken over me in the past 48 hours. My big work event, that I’ve planned for months, went well Thursday and Friday. I’m very happy with the outcome and receiving all the ‘thank you’s’ from the attendees made me feel wonderful.


In the process of all the work stress, Halloween, my birthday weekend, and just overall craziness, I fell apart by Friday night, physically and mentally. I’m exhausted and it’s catching up with me.

But then the relief took over, and I reminded myself what is ahead for me for the next couple weeks; a trip to San Diego this week with the boy, home for Thanksgiving next week, the holiday season, a bachelorette party for a fabulous friend and former roommate, a Christmas trip to NYC, and time to organize, get better settled, and sort out job stuff.

And so today, I took advantage of an actual day free of set plans and was incredibly productive. Laundry was done, thank you notes wrote and sealed, errands ran, and apartment cleaned. I treated myself to a pedicure at Mini Luxe (courtesy of a gift card from my girlfriends) and my polish choice (essie’s ‘Need a Vacation’) was perfection. It was a really nice day.

As I walked home from Newbury Street, the brisk fall air was refreshing. The leaves crunched all around and I felt excited about the next few weeks and hopeful about this week, the next, and beyond.




No comments:

Post a Comment