11.01.2010

Mmmm Chili


I am full. stuffed.
I ate and drank a lot this Halloween weekend.

Immediately after work on Friday was happy hour fun
that lasted several hours past the happy one
and went into the night,
and ended with lots of pizza.

Lazy Saturday quickly caught up with us all
and we scrambled to get our costumes together
and venture into the city for pub crawl festivities,
a food break in Quincy Market
and a friends Halloween/birthday party
(more delicious drinks) and then back to the boy’s place
for more celebrations.
And as per usual,
the night ended with too many pizza slices.

So to say the least,
Sunday I felt full and gross.
But we stuck with our plans
and enjoyed some homemade chili and corn bread
after our overall successful Halloween weekend.

But today, I am still full.
So as I prep for the weekend ahead,
already bursting with visitors and birthday plans,
I vow to detox and recharge,
both my body and mind.

photo courtesy of martha because our chili didn’t look as pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment