11.28.2010

San Diego & Sweet Potatoes




Birthday drinks at the Zoo!






Over the past 2 weeks, I’ve been at 6 airports and been across the country and back.
The boy and I traveled to San Diego for a conference he was presenting at and enjoyed a much needed vacation together. I do not remember the last time I felt that relaxed; it was wonderful.

We explored downtown San Diego, the Gaslamp district, and Seaport Village. We celebrated the boy’s birthday at the San Diego Zoo. We walked all over Pacific and Mission Beaches on an overcast day and indulged in numerous margaritas and chips and salsa. I soaked up the Pacific Ocean’s breezes and felt so simply happy.

And then I returned to Boston for 3 intense workaholic days at the office before flying home at 6 am on Thanksgiving. My time at home was filled with endless food comas, including 2 Thanksgiving feasts, where I thoroughly enjoyed my Dad’s sweet potatoes and more carbs that I should ever consume at one sitting. I also came the conclusion that I absolutely adore orange foods: squash, sweet potatoes, breads & stuffing, carrots, and Mom’s macaroni and cheese.

Time with my family was fantastic, filled with catching up on silly stories, and non-stop laughter. I baked birthday cupcakes for my Dad, stopped by Target, cuddled with my furry babies and slept more than I have in months.

Tomorrow I return once again to Boston, filled with bittersweet emotions. But the next several weeks are activity-packed, and the holidays are in full throttle. I’m excited to enter my Christmas cookie agenda and enjoy this season as fully as possible. I even have some new ideas for my blog. Things look not-too-shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment