6.21.2012

simple & cool joys of summer


Today brought the first official day of summer…and with it, 95 degree weather. It was a hot one.


And while I had an opportunity to attend a business-oriented cocktail party, I decided instead to do something that I knew would make me much happier…


Heading home to my little apartment, cranking the air conditioner, catching up on my current DVR favorites (aka The Conversation), and giving myself a bright new manicure (thank you “Watermelon” by essie).


And while I didn’t sip and mingle with anyone worth knowing, I had an absolutely lovely evening…cool, comfortable, soaking up the words of wisdom from the ladies interviewed on The Conversation. I am climbing into bed, refreshed and ready to take on the rest of this sweaty week. 


The late night treat of Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food Frozen Yogurt didn’t hurt either…


Happy Hump Day all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment