6.04.2010

Last night I fell in love with paella, riesling, intimate dinner parties and girlfriends.

A lovely fellow girlfriend from Passport Boutique and her husband invited the boy and I over for dinner. Their adorably chic apartment in Cambridge filled our stomachs and put me in a fabulous mood, not to mention their yummy appetizers (white bean dip!) and a paella dish courtesy of a Mark Bittman recipe.

And my berry tart was a success : )

Never fail, it is always a pleasant surprise when a good friend makes you smile and all worries drift away. She is a sweetheart and even had one of my favorite wines ready to pour (Kung Fu Girl…yes, that is the name of the actual riesling. It’s amazing. Try it.)

Her and her husband are beautiful examples of a young marriage that works beautifully. I can sense the love between them and it’s inspiring, hopeful and just plain cute. I get worried when introducing new people that things will be awkward, that people just won’t mesh, that there will be odd silences, but none of this occurred with my boy and my husband and wife friends.

It was just a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment