6.29.2010

Present for Me


It was a hot, humid, sticky weekend, both outside and in my mind.
Thank goodness I’m headed home for a little vacation this week;
everything seems to be stressing me out lately;
I crave a mental vacation.
I need time to breathe, rest, revitalize.

However, I do also believe in the holy power of retail therapy
and this afternoon when I took a little break from my desk at the office
and walked over to J. Crew,
their sales racks welcomed me in and I found success!
Slim fit khakis in tan and grey for under $30!
A hot pink summer scarf: 50% off!
A jean skirt that flounces out, an extreme A-line cut,
perfect with flip flops in July and tights and boots in November for $19.99!

And to top it all off,
that I have been dreaming of, lusting over for quite some time.
So instead of waiting any longer
(really, why wait anymore; summer is here, the sun is quite shiny),
I decided that I deserved them and I got them.
I feel very happy with this decision; no buyer’s remorse in sight.

And an extra 20% off
for signing up for the J. Crew card doesn’t hurt either : )

And to top off the good mood I was in, the girls and I at work
enjoyed some delicious thai food at House of Siam
and my pineapple chicken dish was tasty
(leftovers awaiting me in the fridge).
A girlfriend at work is leaving this week and
moving on, to bigger and better things for herself.
I’m inspired my her risk-taking and
look forward to learning about her fabulous, future adventures : )

No comments:

Post a Comment