6.14.2010

World Cup Baking




Friday night arrived and I decided to celebrate the World Cup my way…
with a baking project.
I didn’t have to rush,
I could just enjoy stirring and spreading and all the glorious smells
that leaked from the oven.

I made two circular white cakes, and my Mom’s vanilla butter frosting
(which I do believe comes from an old Betty Crocker cookbook)
and smeared raspberry jam in between the two moist cakes.
Topped off with the creamy vanilla frosting, I then added some soccer flair
with the help of classic chocolate chips and viola,
we have an edible soccer ball.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t proud.

And after several slices by myself and many gentlemen the following day,
I rate this baking project a success : )


Saturday, despite grey, rainy weather, the event I worked at went well
and I gathered up my energy for a fun night out in Davis Square that evening
(after joining the boy and his buddies for some soccer games on the television
and too much pulled pork, potatoes and drinks).

And now it’s Monday, as I always say on Mondays,
and tonight a girlfriend and I secured an apartment in the North End for September (!)
and that weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

And until then, I’m tucked into bed,
The Help in hand,
already eager for the weekend…
or at least another slice of cake ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment