7.18.2010

Wednesday: rainy, hot day. I made my favorite pasta dish for the boy with tomatoes, asparagus, onions and garlic. Celebratory drinks went late into the night since one of our best friends got accepted into med school.


Thursday: Recovery all morning. Fabulous toning class in the evening, followed by finally able to dig into my magazines due to the completion of The Help, one of the most well written books I’ve ever had the pleasure of thoroughly enjoying. Read it now.

Friday: TGIF. About to crack at work, welcomed this weekend with open arms. Bought several new magazines and picked up the new Essie polish ‘Knockout Pout’ after work. Retail therapy put me in a great mood. Collapsed into bed early.

Saturday: up at 6 am to trek to Natick to work at the Women’s Entertainment TV Wedding Mall Tour with the wedding/event planner I assist and got to meet Ron Ben-Israel, famously, fabulous cake baker. Despite unrelenting heat, ventured into Faneuil Hall for dinner with some friends from high school (delicious salmon BLT…must recreate myself soon!) and some great gelato. Passed out in bed before midnight.

And now it is Sunday and I’m feeling oh -s0-good. I slept more than I have in weeks and took a free yoga class at the Lululemon in Harvard Square, got a delicious chicken salad sandwich at Crema and am now sitting in Tealuxe with refreshing red iced tea, catching up on my emails, my blogging, my finances, and many other misc. things on my to-do list. I wish I had more Sundays like this. I plan on doing some laundry later and giving myself a much needed mani/pedi in preparation for my vacation mid-week with my college girlfriends.

And the sun is shining. No complaints right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment