8.04.2010

Not enough time in the week

Returning to work and reality is never fun, and toss in some incredibly stressful circumstances at the office and well, last week was tough. I dream of having time to read and write and do things that make me super happy and smile. But lately I’ve had no time or energy to do anything even close to enjoyable and relaxing and by last Friday, I was exhausted and empty.

Thank goodness for good girlfriends though; I was able to sneak in a couple hours with my favorite ladies from Passport Boutique where we planned on watching girly movies all night and ended up snacking on some delicious treats and enjoying much needed (and much more important) girl talk. It was simply, a lovely evening : )

And thank goodness for good boyfriends, who after a hard, emotional day at the office, created a delicious dinner Thursday night. With cucumbers and tomatoes straight from his garden, some tilapia and angel hair pasta tossed with spinach, and a large glass of chardonnay, my tears disappeared and a large content tummy took over.


And the weekend became busy quickly, with visiting friends, parties that went all night, and dinners with boy’s grandparents. I didn’t get as much R&R that I could have used, but I got some lazy mornings, midnight strolls, good times with friends, too much food and drink and inspiration to get it together this week. I’ve already worked out twice and ate well, and I’m starting to feel better. Work hasn’t gotten all that much easier but it’s ok. One of the most amazing people, one of my all time favorite people, my lovely, hilarious girlfriend is coming to visit me this weekend. That is reason enough to push through a shitty day and get excited for Friday : )

No comments:

Post a Comment