8.30.2010

This weekend I fell in love with the cannoli

The weekend began on a great note,
when the new assistant at my office surprised me
with some fresh flowers as a thank you
for helping getting her situated and settled into the office.

They’re at my desk
and I was amazed at how such a little gesture
made me smile more for the remainder of the work afternoon
and had me looking forward
to seeing them again this morning.


After a fabulously, lazy Friday night of pizza, wings & tv,
I approached Saturday with enthusiasm
to start packing up all my stuff.
This becomes not fun fast.

That evening, I gladly abandoned the packing,
and joined my old roommate
and soon-to-be new roommate
at the St. Anthony Festival
in my soon-to-be neighborhood.

But before we traveled to the North End,
I basked in the sun at Park Street a
nd my attempts at capturing the summer beauty
was disrupted by the beautiful shine of the sun.

Words can’t describe the smells that tickled my nose
at the festival Saturday night;
I wish my stomach was big enough to consume all the
pastas, sauces, breads, cannolis, pastries
that met my eyes and nose.
Instead I settled on some sangria, my first arancini with spinach
and my first cannoli.
I fell in love at first bite
and am in extreme danger living so close
to such wondrous tastes and textures.
It was a fun night with 2 girls I absolutely adore
and I’m even more excited now to begin my adventures
in this historic, tasty, and quirky area of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment